Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Don't Just Hope- Ask, Get Excited, and Expect


When we are expecting something, it can be an exciting time.  It could be a promotion at work, a big birthday celebration or anniversary.  Maybe you’re expecting your tax refund in the mail and making big plans for it.  You might even be in the midst of expecting a baby to come into your life.  No matter what you are expecting, you know that something is coming, and you are looking for it.

When I invite people over to my home, I am prepared and expectant.  I am looking for them, and eagerly wait.  Sometimes, those folks are late, and then what happens?  My patience begins to wane, frustration and anxiety might begin to set in, and I might even begin to doubt if they’re coming at all.

Don’t we do that when we come to God with our requests?  When the answer isn't coming when we expected, we become anxious and impatient and begin to say, “Well, I guess He didn’t hear me or want to answer me.”.  Sometimes, His answers take months and even years, and sometimes the answers aren’t always what we asked for.

  • ·         When taking your requests before the Lord in prayer, do you expect Him to answer?
  • ·         Are you willing to wait and eagerly watch for His answer?
  • ·         Do you believe that He knows all things and that His timing is best?

Take heart.  God does hear us.  He loves us and the ones we are praying for even more than we do.  We have to yield to God’s will for our lives and those for whom we pray.

  • The waiting?  It’s HARD! 
  • The watching?  It can be frustrating!
  • The answer?  It will be perfect.



Waiting on God’s answer is best because He sees the whole picture.  You can compare it to a Monet.  He sees the entire thing, even the water lilies and trees.  I see only a portion, close up, pretty much only random strokes that don’t make a lot of sense.

We encourage you to go before God, ask Him for what you want or need, and expect an answer.  Keep your eyes open looking around for any sign of progress that is being made, but still keeping in mind that His answer might not look like what you’re expecting.

Hope.  Ask. Get Excited. Expect.

Passages to Ponder:
Psalm 5:3- Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.  Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Galatians 6:9- So let’s not get tired of doing what is good.  At just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

Micah 7:7- As for me, I look to the Lord for help.  I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.



Contributors:  Karen Bromby, Maria Kucharczuk and Kim McClure

No comments:

Post a Comment